Annual Drink and Draw
And Model Appreciation Night
Usually the last Saturday in February
Location: TBA (ask), Cost: $5-$20 sliding scale
If you attend the Arcata Life Drawing Circle (even if only occasionally) then you are invited and you may bring guests - this is not an invitation to the general public. To show appreciation for our inspiring models, please bring yummy finger foods and your favorite drinks to share - because they give us so much! You can also contribute to the slide show.
Modeling at the Drink and Draw is open to anyone, clothed or not, and we especially encourage small groups of models working together. Our regular models always enjoy meeting the other models on this special night.
2018 Group Photos (click on photo for larger version)
Life Drawing Slide Show
A popular highlight at Drink and Draw is the life drawing slide show. You are encouraged to honor our models by submitting your work, just follow these guidelines:
Here's What I Want
- Choose your best drawing of each model from the past 12 months
- Shoot high resolution (full size) photos of each drawing (see guidelines below)
- Name your photo files (see format below)
- Send your photos to me (see instructions below) by February 19.
Here's How to Shoot Your Drawings
- Use your best camera, if that's a smartphone, so be it
- VERY IMPORTANT: If you use a newer model iPhone (ios 11 or later) make sure you have your camera settings set to MOST COMPATIBLE, otherwise it will shoot HEIC files which I cannot use!
- Shoot in bright, even light, use a tripod for best results
How to Name Your Photo Files
- If you are not able to name your files, then use this same format and put it in the subject line of your email, sending one photo per email
- File name should be the model's full name, followed by "by" and then your full name.
- Example: Marilyn Monroe by Pablo Picasso.jpg
- Note the example does not contain dashes or underscores between words.
- Don't know the model's last name? Email me for a list of current models.
How to send photos
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, put them on a cd or flash drive and give it to me at a drawing session
- Or, use Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google Drive or some such thing.