Annual Drink and Draw
and Model Appreciation Night
Saturday, February 29, 2020
Location: TBA (ask), Cost: $20 for artists, free for models
If you attend the Arcata Life Drawing Circle (even if only occasionally) then you are invited and you may bring guests - this is not an invitation to the general public. To show appreciation for our inspiring models, please bring yummy finger foods and your favorite drinks to share - because they give us so much! You can also contribute to the slide show.
Modeling at the Drink and Draw is open to anyone, clothed or not, and we especially encourage small groups of models working together. Our regular models always enjoy meeting the other models on this special night.
2019 Drink and Draw
Life Drawing Slide Show
A popular highlight at Drink and Draw is the life drawing slide show. You are encouraged to honor our models by submitting your work, just follow these guidelines:
What the Slide Show Needs
- Your favorite drawings from the past 12 months
- High resolution (full size) photos (see guidelines below)
- Send your photos and model names to me (more info below) no later than February 20 so I will have time to put the show together.
How to Shoot Your Drawings
- Use your best camera, smartphones are fine
- VERY IMPORTANT: If you use a newer model iPhone (ios 11 or later) make sure you have your camera format settings set to MOST COMPATIBLE, otherwise it will shoot HEIC files which I cannot use!
- Shoot in bright, even light, use a tripod for best results
Where to send photos
- SUPER IMPORTANT: include the name of the model in each photo. Ideally put it in the file name, but if not then send a list of names that corresponds to your photos. The slide show is organized by model names, if you don't have the name, it won't be included.
- Email to email@example.com
- Or, put them on a cd or flash drive and give it to me at a drawing session
- Or, use Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google Drive or some such thing.